Our client is an exciting start-up developing a cryptocurrency network based on an
open-source third generation blockchain we’re creating which is focused on setting a
new standard in security and protection for buyers while solving a widespread problem in game development funding.
They are looking for an exceptional Chief Scientist to trailblaze new innovations, lead our research and scientific priorities so that they line up with the overall mission and goals of the company and our vision for the community. You’ll be responsible for a very talented team who will use your expertise in blockchain stack, cryptography and
distributed systems to help enhance current technology as well as develop cutting
edge technology and products, bringing them to life. You’ll need to be a visionary
leader who is passionate about pioneering and shaping the next generation of
blockchain technology with a focus on protecting the community worldwide.
Reporting to our platform-focused CTO, you’ll be ensuring we’re leading the
technology foundation to support our entire business objectives and products.
Blockchain technology is now widely viewed as the next breakthrough technology
poised to change the world of commerce, business and elsewhere in our lives within
the next ten years. It offers opportunities that optimize transactions and processes and cutting losses due to inefficiencies and fraud. But currently there isn’t any solution regarding the opportunities available to address problems this innovative technology has such as the social-economic cost being currently ignored.
Our Client believes that a global community should be one that is open, sustainable, encourages diversity, innovation and thrives as it reinforces positive values to the world as a whole. Blockchain has laid a technological foundation to make this vision a reality. We’re committed to create such a community.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Position the company and the community as a leader in the world of blockchain
and cryptography emerging technology, setting the mid-term and long-term
direction and strategic plan, in accordance with our mission and vision and input
by the CTO.
● Oversee, advise, manage and lead the research activities and staff that are
needed for our company to tackle the challenging problems in the blockchain
field with creative ideas and fulfil the latest advancements in cryptography and
distributed system techniques to our business and community.
● Develop and implement the collaboration with industrial and academy
communities and our business and technology partners, hiring talented
researchers globally and mentor the research staff with their professional
● Build the professional culture within the company and establish a high
professional standard of performance, ethics, integrity and behavior within the
company and to our community.
● You’ll need to stay on top of the blockchain market, competitors and industry
● PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related
● Known and respected as a distinguished researcher with broad, deep
understanding of blockchain technology, cryptography, AI and distributed
● Demonstrated experience with publications and speaking in top conferences
such as the AAAI, BRI, IACR, IUCML, NIPS and journals such as within IEEE.
● Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a management style that
encourages creativity and open expression of opinions.
● Strong personal integrity and work ethic, superior judgment, emotional
intelligence and the ability to show sound judgement and independent initiative.
Key Measurements of the CTO’s Success
● Users # / MAU (and passed KYC/AML)
● Hiring speed
● Product delivery speed/quality
● Product/service response speed
○ Ease of use for user-experience.
● Financial profitability (both in USD and cryptocurrency)
● Customer service speed and rating
● Ratio of positive/negative media coverage
Key Traits We’re Looking For
- Cloud computing
- Distributed systems (p2p)
- Computer science
- Enterprise architecture
- AI Cryptography
- High academy background
- Big data
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Blockchain stack
- Data science Platform (communication -dev relationship)
- Business analysis
- Design thinking
● Competitive Salary
● Awesome bonus
● 20 days annual leave
● 8 days personal leave
● 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
● Life insurance
● 401(k) and FSA
● Gym on site, accessible 24/7
● Loads more!
To hear more about this role you can email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/Cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, Project Manager, Solidity developer, frontend and Backend Blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at wwww.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.