Our client is an exciting start-up developing a cryptocurrency network based on an
open-source third generation blockchain we’re creating which is focused on setting a
new standard in security and protection for buyers while solving a widespread problem in game development funding.
They are looking for a Vice President, Infrastructure and Operations Engineering who will be responsible for infrastructure planning and operations of applications, infrastructure, information security, IT support services and service desk. Reporting to the CTO, this leadership position will drive the tactical direction of IT to define and deliver reliable, secure and scalable employee and community end user experience through our IT systems, processes and other services.
Blockchain technology is now widely viewed as the next breakthrough technology
poised to change the world of commerce, business and elsewhere in our lives within
the next ten years. It offers opportunities that optimize transactions and processes and cutting losses due to inefficiencies and fraud. But currently there isn’t any solution regarding the opportunities available to address problems this innovative technology has such as the social-economic cost being currently ignored.
Our Client believes that a global community should be one that is open, sustainable, encourages diversity, innovation and thrives as it reinforces positive values to the world as a whole. Blockchain has laid a technological foundation to make this vision a reality. We’re committed to create such a community.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Lead and direct the overall digital operations of the community through active
participation with the Executive Team, Board of Directors, external third-party
developers and our end-users.
● Provide vision and manage daily operations of core infrastructure, including data
center, computing, data and voice networks, storage, systems and infrastructure
● Provide vision and manage daily operations of all application infrastructures and
availability management in partnership with key stakeholders across multiple
● Lead and deliver operational excellence with focus on achieving agility, speed,
scale and efficiency for DevOps.
● Support our modern technology stack for the DevOps engineering team which
will deliver new products and product pushes for continuous rapid agile release
cycles including development, DevOps, database, cloud teams, etc.
● Responsible for end user services (external community and internal) including
24/7 support for applications and infrastructure, hardware and collaboration
● Provide technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of
production stability for internal and external end users.
● Continuously monitor adequacy and performance of existing systems and
information management capabilities in light of company and community needs.
● Ensure application and infrastructure services are established and service and
operational metrics are collected and reviewed on regular basis with CTO.
● Manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely
engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology
and third-party developer partners.
● Govern production code deployment through defined release management
● Work with Chief Security Officer, Chief Risk Officer and Chief Technology Officer
to implement security architecture that identifies the information security
environment and controls to be implemented to protect organizational assets.
● Ensure legal and regulatory compliance requirements identified by CRO are met
by the organization to protect our community and company.
● Engage with project managers and project teams through the project lifecycle.
Manage deployments through development, testing and production to ensure a
● Keep current with trends and issues in the IT and blockchain industries including
current technologies and prices; advise and educate executive team on their
competitive and/or financial impact.
● Keep the company safe through active operation and defense of critical network
● You’ll need at least a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management
information systems, cybersecurity or other related technical field and an MBA.
● At least 10 years experience in systems design and development, including core
systems and enterprise-wide applications used in financial/fintech space as well
as online applications and web-based systems, blockchain technologies.
● Must have familiarity with and experience in use of cloud-based systems
including knowledge of security applications.
● Experience working in private and public cloud environments and supporting
various DevOps functions in a along with direct experience in a DevOps
environment is critical.
● Experience in managing and providing infrastructure to support a fast paced
product push in a continuous rapid agile release cycle across DevOps, database
and cloud teams.
● Knowledge of limitations of legacy core systems and interface requirements for
operating key, best-in-class, non-core support programs.
● Experience and knowledge of techniques designed to reduce frequency,
duration, and impact of common business disruptions particularly as they relate
to global fintech (such as arbitrage).
● In-depth knowledge of systems design methodologies, IT practices and trends
in the financial industry and operating policies.
● Extensive knowledge of SQL and open-source programming.
● Knowledge of non-traditional payment systems and internet mobile applications
including advanced security features.
● Strong project management skills including large system conversions and new
● Able to build, retain and manage a highly-skilled and motivated team.
● Experience and affinity for vision and mission-driven, end-user-centric strategic
focuses resulting in superior community experience service and valuable
● Track record on successfully managing change, process improvement and
● Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
Key Traits We’re Looking For
- Network security
- API security
- Practical security
- Infrastructure (planning, operations)
● Competitive Salary
● Awesome bonus
● 20 days annual leave
● 8 days personal leave
● 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
● Life insurance
● 401(k) and FSA
● Loads more!
To hear more about this role you can email – email@example.com
Cryptorecruit are the worlds leading specialist recruiter for the blockchain/Cryptocurrency industry. We recruit positions from CEO,CTO, Project Manager, Solidity developer, frontend and Backend Blockchain developers to marketing/sales and customer service roles. Please browse our website and at wwww.cryptorecruit.com to search all our job vacancies.