Women In Blockchain Switzerland (WIBS.io) has been launched – Think Tank For Women Leaders Driving Blockchain Technology
On 16th October 2018, Women In Blockchain Switzerland (WIBS.io) was officially launched. WIBS.io is an exclusive think tank of women leaders driving knowledge, thought leadership, capabilities and the transformative development of blockchain technology.
Citi Women Network Switzerland co-hosted a breakfast meeting on 16th October 2018 to mark the official launch of WIBS.io. This event was part of month-long activities, events and conversations to commemorate the Citi Switzerland’s Digital Month, organized to promote the topics of innovation and digitization, both internally and externally.
Blockchain technology will have a transformative impact across many industries and we are aimed at building knowledge among women leaders to not only understand, but also be able to drive blockchain application in their industries. WIBS.io is unique because it focuses on three main pillars that will help drive blockchain technology adoption:
- Think Tank & Thought Leadership – Develop research and advocacy of blockchain technology, including development of core thought leadership, including
- Four interactive sessions each year that will focus on deep diving into blockchain application;
- Satellite events / private dinners that will offer members of WIBS.io exclusive access to international blockchain experts and speakers.
- Learning & Education – Learning and development programs designed for leadership and executive levels people to understand blockchain technology and its impact on business.
- Industry Ambassador Program – Identifying and positioning selected leaders, both female and male, as ambassadors to take the lead on aligning blockchain activities and driving advocacy in the industry, as well as promoting more women in blockchain across industries.
Apart from individual memberships, WIBS also offers corporate memberships where we will support member companies in implementing education and think tank sessions to development internal capabilities in the area of blockchain.
WIBS.io was founded by a team of inspiring and motivated women who are committed to driving knowledge and understanding of blockchain technology in the Swiss market, as well as creating a more diverse technology landscape.
Kamales Lardi is a digital transformation strategist with 18 years of experience leading transformation initiatives across various industries. Since establishing Lardi & Partner Consulting GmbH in 2012, Kamales has advised companies across various industries, including UBS, Swiss Federal Railways (SBB), Ernst & Young, Pfizer, Victorinox and Sanitas Insurance among others. She is the Chairperson of the MBA Advisory Board at Durham University (UK) and start-up mentor for F10 Fintech Incubator & Accelerator (CH). In 2017, Kamales was selected for the Women in Fintech Powerlist by Innovate Finance, UK. Diving further into blockchain, Kamales recently founded BloomBloc, a company focused on creating sustainable agriculture supply chain with blockchain technology.
Emi Lorincz is an economist who has worked in financial services and trading in Budapest, Dusseldorf, London, and Rome. Currently, she is heading Business Development in Europe for a prominent crypto exchange. As an active contributor and member of the Crypto Valley Associations, she is passionate about bringing more people into the ecosystem, not only in Crypto Valley, but on a global scale. Emi encourages everyone to continue learning about cryptocurrencies and the technology that powers this expanding field.
Lidia Zabala is a digital marketing professional with international experience in events, public speaking and community management. She speaks eight languages and is involved in several initiatives fostering entrepreneurship, technology and social impact.
For further questions please email email@example.com or contact the following persons:
- Kamales Lardi
Mobile 078 797 06 78